Thursday, September 29, 2011

dance pictures


last month I helped my son with his homecoming pictures. The pictures at the dance are always so expensive, and more cheesy that anything. It was a lot of fun, but I want to remember a couple of things for next time.
1. remember that what ever time you tell them- add about 30 min. It's hard to get a group of teenagers to meet at the same time and on time, especially when they have to pick up their dates, get pictures at the girls house, etc. Be patient. And when any couple arrives, don't wait- start with the couples that are there.
2. try to pick a spot for pictures thats centrally located. This was a spot in front of a nice gated community near most of kids homes. I went and looked earlier in the week to make sure that it would be okay at the same time of day for light. (and it was still different- could have used less shadows- thank you!) But the boulder was nice, something for the kids to pose around...


3. I want to be more prepared next time with fun poses. Last time I did dance pictures, the kids had all of the poses that they wanted to do, and they had so many, I ran out of time. This time they were asking me what they should do, and I went blank!

4.It helped to have a "slope" area for group pictures. That way all the boys in the back could be seen. I'm glad we took a couple of poses with just the guys/girls.


5. last but not least- big mistake- I let the girls take off their shoes thinking that I would crop it out and it wouldn't be a big deal- lot's of great shots with bare feet sticking out! bummer....

No comments:

Post a Comment